Downingtown Social Security Disability Attorneys
Resolving Social Security Disability Claims in Downingtown, PA
Many people are unable to work long before they reach retirement age. Estimates from the Social Security Administration (SSA) suggest more than 1 in 4 of today’s 20-year-olds will become disabled before reaching the average age for retirement (67). Nevertheless, 67% of today’s workforce has no long-term disability insurance. As a result, the SSA steps in to pay disability benefits for many people, young and old. Nearly 9 out of 10 people age 65 and older receive Social Security benefits, and in 2020, the SSA plans to issue over one trillion dollars to about 65 million people nationwide. Nevertheless, many people have their claims for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits denied. If you are eligible for SSD benefits, you may need an attorney to help you present your case.
Our Downingtown social security disability lawyers at Rubin & Badame, Attorneys at Law, P.C. can:
- determine if you are eligible for benefits
- help you apply
- appeal SSD denials
- make sure you are maximizing the value you of your benefits
Am I Eligible for Social Security Disability Benefits?
To find out if you qualify for social security disability benefits, you need to understand the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program.
You must also meet the following requirements to be eligible for SSD benefits:
- You are under the current retirement age
- You have a qualifying disability, as defined by the SSA
- Your disability will last at least 1 year or result in death
- You have worked long enough – and recently enough – to be insured under the SSDI program
- You have paid Social Security taxes on your earnings
- You have paid FICA taxes for 5 of the last 10 years
- You have the required work credits for your age
Unfortunately, Social Security benefits do not apply to people who are partially disabled or even those with short-term disabilities. If you do qualify, however, you will need to gather documentation for all the points listed above.
You must also present this documentation in a certain way, which is where our Downingtown social security disability attorneys come into play.
What Kinds of Cases Do You Handle?
No matter where you are in the Social Security claims process, we want you to give us a call. If you’re just getting started, we can help you organize your documents and gain approval with your first application.
We also help with:
- Disability Hearings – only 30% of SSD claims are approved on the first round, so if you didn’t call us at the beginning, you may need to attend a disability hearing. We can help you prepare and stand by your side throughout the hearing.
- Appeals – if your Social Security claim was denied, you can appeal. Make sure to request an appeal within 60 days and call our attorneys for help.
- Benefits Eligibility – maybe you just want to know whether or not you are eligible for SSD benefits. Our legal team can help you find out and answer all your Social Security questions.
- What Is SSI? – not everyone is eligible for the SSDI program. SSI stands for Supplemental Security Income and may be available to disabled adults and children who have limited income and resources.
- Compassionate Allowances – The SSA makes faster decisions for individuals with more serious disabilities. If you need support quickly, we can help you learn more about this important program.
Applying for Social Security Disability Benefits Is Easy With Rubin & Badame, Attorneys at Law, P.C.
Our attorneys have spent decades helping clients cover their living expenses and basic needs with Social Security disability benefits. We have more than 30 years of experience and focus on providing high quality, client-driven representation. Additionally, we can handle your SSD claim with no fees until you win.
Trust is an important part of our practice at Rubin & Badame, Attorneys at Law, P.C. Our clients trust us to help them get benefits, and the Social Security Administration has given us its official approval for conducting Disability Hearings from our very own office in Downingtown. Save the trip out of town and prioritize comfort and trust with our firm.
Personalized Attention & Care
We offer free consultations!
We focus on providing high quality, client driven representation.
We have a dedicated team with over 35 years of experience.
We handle your SDD case with NO FEE until you win!
Extensive experience representing disabled individuals.