Philadelphia Social Security Disability Attorneys
Put Years of Experience on Your Side
Are you considering filing a Social Security Disability (SSD) claim due to your inability to work? Or have you tried filing a claim only to receive a denial notice? The Social Security Administration (SSA) disability application process is notoriously difficult—only one-third of claims are approved the first time around.
If you have recently become disabled to the point where you can no longer work, you may be eligible for Social Security disability benefits, even if your application was rejected the first time around. The Philadelphia Social Security disability lawyers at Rubin & Badame, Attorneys at Law, P.C. can help you determine if you meet the qualifications, file an appeal on your behalf, and ensure you successfully make it through the claims process and receive the benefits you deserve.
Contact us now to discuss your situation with our experienced SSD attorneys during a complimentary case evaluation.
How to Determine Your Eligibility for Social Security Disability Benefits
Before applying for Social Security disability benefits or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), you must first establish whether you are eligible to claim such benefits.
To be eligible for SSD or SSI benefits, you must:
- Currently be under the national retirement age of 66.
- Have been employed long/ recently enough in a position covered by Social Security.
- Have a qualifying disability, as defined by the SSA.
- Have a disability that is expected to last at least one year or result in death.
- Have the required work credits for your age.
- Have paid FICA taxes for five of the last 10 years.
If you meet the qualifications above and have not yet applied for benefits, we strongly recommend contacting a lawyer before filing a claim. Since so many applications are denied the first time around, having an experienced Social Security disability lawyer guide you through the application process will maximize your chances of success. If you have already submitted an application and received a denial notice, even though you do meet the above requirements, we can help you through the appeals process.
SSD Cases We Handle
Our Philadelphia Social Security disability attorneys are experienced in handling all aspects of SSD and SSI claims. Don’t see what you need below? Contact us with your questions and we’ll be happy to help!
We are available to assist you with the following:
- Benefits Eligibility: Not sure if you’re eligible for benefits? We can help you determine your eligibility and collect all the information you need to send to the SSA to prove it.
- SSD vs. SSI: We can help you understand the difference between Social Security Disability (SSD) and Social Security Income (SSI), which you are eligible to apply for, and what your options are.
- Appeals: If your initial claim is denied, you have 60 days to file an appeal and try again. We can help you strengthen your application so that you do get approved for benefits the second time around.
- Disability Hearings: Disability hearings are a routine part of the SSD application process since so many claims get denied. We understand the hearings process and can guide you through and argue your case on your behalf.
- Compassionate Allowances: This program allows people with serious disabilities to expedite the approval process so they can receive benefits more quickly. We can determine Compassionate Allowances are right for you.
SSD Claims Made Easy With Our Attorneys on Your Side
If you are eligible for SSD or SSI benefits, we can help you apply and see to it that you are getting the most out of your benefits. Our team of dedicated Philadelphia Social Security disability lawyers understands the disability application process and applicable laws in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland. We look forward to helping you receive the benefits you deserve!
Schedule your free consultation today! Call (610) 595-4917 or contact us online to get started.
Why Hire Us?
Personalized Attention & Care
We offer free consultations!
We focus on providing high quality, client driven representation.
We have a dedicated team with over 35 years of experience.
We handle your SDD case with NO FEE until you win!
Extensive experience representing disabled individuals.