West Chester Social Security Disability Attorneys
Securing Benefits for Qualified Applicants with Ease
Have you recently found yourself unable to work due to a disability? You may be considering applying for disability benefits with the Social Security Administration (SSA). The SSA provides monetary support to qualifying individuals who can no longer hold a job due to their condition. However, the SSA has a very strict application process, which leads to about two-thirds of all disability claims getting denied. Fortunately, by working with a lawyer you have a good chance of successfully appealing the decision if your claim gets rejected.
At Rubin & Badame Attorneys at Law, P.C., our West Chester Social Security disability attorneys understand the ins and outs of the entire claims process, including how to successfully file an appeal. We can help you fill out and submit your initial application, appeal your claim if your application is denied, represent you in any required hearings, and provide additional guidance and support.
We are here for you. Contact us today to speak with an experienced Social Security disability lawyer near you!
What is Social Security Disability?
Social Security disability benefits were designed to provide monetary assistance to people with disabilities who are under the current retirement age.
The SSA considers claimants disabled under if they meet the following requirements:
- The claimant is unable to perform the same work they were employed in before their disability;
- The claimant cannot transfer to another job due to their medical condition(s); and
- The claimant’s disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
The SSA offers two main benefit programs to provide financial aid to those who qualify—Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income.
The difference between the two programs is as follows:
- Social Security Disability (SSD): Also known as Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), SSD pays benefits to you as well as to certain members of your family if you worked long enough to have paid a certain amount of Social Security taxes.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): SSI works basically the same way as SSD, except it was created specifically to pay benefits to people with limited income based on financial need.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Disability Benefits?
To qualify for Social Security disability benefits, you must meet all the following criteria:
- You are under the current retirement age
- You have a qualifying disability
- Your disability will last at least one year or result in death
- You have worked enough to be insured under the SSDI program
- You have paid Social Security taxes on your earnings
- You have paid FICA taxes for 5 of the last 10 years
- You have the required work credits for your age
If you believe you qualify, you will need to gather documentation that proves all the points listed above and submit them according to the guidelines provided by the SSA. This is where many initial claims go wrong, so if you want to ensure your application is successful the first time around, consult with an attorney.
Ditch the Stress with Rubin & Badame Attorneys at Law, P.C. On Your Side
If you qualify for SSD or SSI, you deserve to receive the benefits as quickly and painlessly as possible. We can help make the process easy. Our West Chester Social Security disability attorneys have spent decades helping clients cover living expenses and other basic needs with SSA benefits. We have over three decades of experience providing top-quality, client-focused representation to people living with disabilities throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland.
We can handle your claim from the start to maximize your chances of success. Our law firm can also assist with the following:
- Disability hearings
- Determining benefits eligibility
- Understanding the difference between SSD and SSI
- Compassionate Allowances
Our team is standing by to answer your questions and assist you with your SSD claim. Contact us now to get started! We charge no fees unless you win your case and attain the benefits you deserve.
Personalized Attention & Care
We offer free consultations!
We focus on providing high quality, client driven representation.
We have a dedicated team with over 35 years of experience.
We handle your SDD case with NO FEE until you win!
Extensive experience representing disabled individuals.